Note from Fredrick Töben on the Eric Hunt-Elie Wiesel matter:
1. I know that Eric Hunt sent an email bragging about his exploits to Ziopedia's Andrew Winkler and to Adelaide Institute. Ziopedia ran the story but Adelaide Institute decided not to distribute it.
[Note the URL - in the above %27 within URL is automatically eliminated, so add twice: %27 and the item should appear, as per -.
2. The reason for not sending the story through the list and posting it on Adelaide Institute's website was prompted by Hunt's gloating tone as he recounted his manhandling of Wiesel. Even if one personally does not like what Elie Wiesel has done in the past, as an old man he does not deserve to be manhandled in such a way. This offends against the Categorical Imperative, much like Adelaide Institute opposes the British academic boycott against Israel because if we boycott, then our claim of supporting free expression becomes lopsided.
This is the dilemma faced by the civil libertarian Holocaust believers who wish to silence those who refuse to believe in the Holocaust. Alan Dershowitz recognized this when he realized that during the 1984/5 and 1988 Zündel Toronto Holocaust trials Raul Hilberg, et al, were being demolished as credible witnesses on the Holocaust. Likewise with the 1988 John Demjanjuk trial in Jerusalem where witness testimony reached an absurd level, even too much for the Israeli justice system.
Henceforth Dershowitz advised that matters had to be lifted out of the space-time sphere and into the abstract-memory, away from the physical world where court proof was conclusive and had physical reality to it. Now in Germany, as we saw during the December 2006-March2007 Rudolf and Zündel trials, any kind of evidence has become irrelevant. Proof that substantiates an allegation has become unnecessary - summary offences, once the domain of civil wrong, have become capital-criminal offences.
3. A couple of days after Hunt had been apprehended and the world media ran the Hunt-Wiesel story, comment was made that Hunt's email had appeared on an >antisemitic website in Australia< - yes, it was not Adelaide Institute but Ziopedia - a website run by anti-Zionist Andrew Winkler, and has mainly Jewish contributors, so according to the Australian Jewish News.
So now website censors are gunning for Ziopedia.
4. The article below specifically mentions the Hunt email appearing on a >>website for Holocaust deniers<<. To my knowledge Ziopedia is primarily an >anti-Semitic< website, but the logic of its thrust inevitably includes the >Holocaust<, which it fearlessly includes in its countless articles.
5. Eric Hunt now claims insanity, as per article following. This now is the first step to lifting >Holocaust denial< away from the criminal into the >insanity< category. Welcome to Soviet justice, US-style, where Soviet dissidents were certified to be insane.
6. Whatever the outcome of the Hunt case in the USA, it will have a ripple effect ... On 24 May 2007, a lower court in Germany - Amtsgericht Ebersberg - Cover letter Engl. translation - dismissed Munich State prosecutors’ request for Lawyer Sylvia Stolz to undergo a psychiatric examination.
The next hurdle for Sylvia Stolz now is to retain her lawyer registration. She faces a long list of charges that allege she defamed Germany, that she denied the Holocaust and defamed the memory of the dead, when she defended Dr Rigolf Hennig on 13 December 2005 in the Landgericht Lüneburg.
Adelaide 4 July 2007
DEFENDANT PLEADS INSANITY in Elie Wiesel kidnapping
3 July 2007
A 22-year-old New Jersey man told a San Francisco Superior Court judge this morning he was not guilty by reason of insanity of charges that he attacked and imprisoned Nobel laureate author Elie Wiesel.
The court plans to convene again July 11 so lawyers can discuss the appointment of mental health experts to evaluate the psychiatric status of the defendant, Eric Hunt, at the time of the alleged offenses, according to the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office.
Hunt is facing felony charges of false imprisonment, battery, elder abuse, stalking and committing a hate crime in connection with the alleged Feb. 17 attack on Wiesel, a 78-year-old Holocaust survivor and author, in a San Francisco hotel. He remains in custody.
After the assault, Hunt allegedly bragged on a website for Holocaust deniers about attacking Wiesel. He was extradited from New Jersey earlier this month.
Police say Hunt accosted Wiesel in an elevator at the Argent Hotel, telling him he wanted an interview, before trying to drag him into his hotel room. Wiesel began yelling, and was able to escape.
Bay City News - http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/?p=3111
Wiesel Attack: Man Arrested
Police in America have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with a physical attack on Nobel laureate Eli Wiesel in a San Francisco hotel earlier this month.
The man, who was named as Eric Hunt, was arrested in New Jersey and is being held in preparation for extradition to California.
Hunt, of Sussex, New Jersey, was being sought on a long list of charges, including attempted kidnapping, elder abuse, false imprisonment and hate crimes. His bail has been set at $500,000 (£256,000).
Wiesel, 78, told Italian newspaper, Corriere della Sera, that he was dragged from a lift during an altercation at the Argent Hotel, which took place on 1 February.
Police opened an investigation into the incident after a visitor to an anti-semitic website claimed responsibility for the attack. The man, who gave his name as ‘Eric Hunt’, said he had intended to drag Wiesel into his room and persuade him to admit his accounts of the Holocaust were fictional.
Wiesel told the newspaper: "I feared for my life in a way that hadn't happened to me since 1945, before the end of the war."
He added that he had not been injured during the incident and that the man had fled when he raised the alarm.
Top | Home
©-free 2007 Adelaide Institute